Effective Date: November 8, 2022. Last Update: November 8, 2022
Your privacy is very important to us. Before we get to the details, check out our Privacy Snapshot to see a summary of our privacy practices. You can read or refer to the full policy below.
The Site is owned and operated by Made Human LLC (otherwise referred to here as “Made Human”, “we”, “our”, or “us”).
Made Human does not collect any Protected Health Information from Site users. If you provide us with Protected Health Information (PHI), such as details of your health condition or treatments, by email or other electronic means, this will be deleted from our servers within two working days.
Collection and Sale of Data
- Do we sell your Personal Information? NO
- Do we share your Personal Information with third parties? NO
- Do we share aggregated and anonymized information with third parties? YES
- Do we collect sensitive data, like health information? NO
- Do we delete your data when you request its deletion? YES
- Do we keep your data as long as we need to unless you ask for deletion? YES
Privacy Tools and Controls
- Can you disable all cookies and still have full use of the website? NO
- Do we identify your device location to provide our Services to you? YES
- Do we track your browsing activities on other sites? NO
- Will we send you marketing communications with an opt-out option? YES
Our Services are provided to you by Made Human LLC (“Made Human”, “we”, “our”, or “us”), headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. While our Services are intended principally for residents of the United States, residents of any country may access the Site. Where we carry paid-for advertisements on the Site that are designed and commissioned for a US audience only, the ads will not be visible elsewhere.
Attn: Data Privacy Officer, Made Human LLC, 1125 Spruce Street, Suite D, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Your Personal Information is data that could be used to identify you.
We do NOT collect your Health Information (PHI) or any other information about you that could be classified as sensitive personal information, such as a diagnosis, personal health record or current treatment. If you inadvertently provide us with sensitive personal information, we will delete it from our servers within two working days.
Information We Collect
Personal Information (Data)
Made Human collects specific types of Personal Information.
Personal Information is data that could be used to identify you, either alone or when combined with other information.
- We gather this information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter(s) or otherwise request or sign up for updates, and use our Services.
- You will also provide such information if and when you complete surveys and forms.
- When you communicate with us or request information from us, we will collect Personal Information from you.
- Personal Information collected online may be combined with Personal Information provided by you offline.
- The Personal Information we collect may include your name, email address, and country location.
- Personal Information may include User-Provided Content, and Web Behavior Information.
- User-Provided Content is all information other than Self-Reported Information provided by the users of Made Human’s Services and transmitted, whether publicly or privately, to Made Human. User-Provided Content may include data, text, software, music, audio, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials. For example: comments made on Jules Walters’ blogs, articles, and emails to user support submitted via our email@example.com address.
- Web Behavior Information is information on how you use the Services (eg: browser type, domains, page views). We may collect this information through log files, cookies, and web beacon, analytical and advertising technologies.
You can always refuse to supply the Personal Information that we request. If you do refuse to supply information, you may not be able to engage in certain Services-related activities and receive certain Services and information.
- We may collect non-Personal Information about you when you interact with our Services. Non-Personal Information may include your browser name, type of computer or device and the files you viewed on the Services.
Electronic Health Records Disclaimer
How We May Use Your Personal Information
We may collect and use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide Made Human Services. We use your Personal Information, including your Self-Reported Information, to provide you with the most relevant content and Services.
- To improve user Services. Information you provide helps us respond to your user Services requests and support needs more efficiently. We will do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To improve user experience. We may use combined, de-identified information to understand how our users as a group use the Services. We will do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To improve our Services. We may use combined, de-identified information and feedback you provide to improve our Services. We will do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey, or other feature of the Services. With your consent, we will use your Personal Information, preferences to keep you informed by email, text, web app, mobile app, or telephone about our Services. You are free to opt out from hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
- To respond to your inquiries. We will use your Personal Information to respond to your inquiries, questions and/or other requests. We do this on the basis of our legal obligations and our legitimate interests.
- To share offers from third parties that may be of interest to you. With your consent, we may use your information to tell you about offers, programs, products, or Services from third parties that may be of interest to you.
- To comply with our legal or contractual obligations to share data with law enforcement. If we are required to disclose your information, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide Personal Information. We may use your Personal Information for purposes that we tell you about at the time we collect the information or later with your consent.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We have adopted generally accepted industry standards for our data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your Personal Information, username, password, and data stored on the Services. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Please remember that protecting your Personal Information is also your responsibility. We ask you to safeguard any authentication information you use to access our Services. If you use third-party Services such as Apple or Google to log in to your Made Human account, we urge you to keep your credentials for those third-party Services secure. You should not disclose your authentication information to any third party. You should also immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password. We cannot secure Personal Information that you release on your own or that you request us to release.
HOWEVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SECURITY SAFEGUARDS, BY THEIR NATURE, ARE CAPABLE OF CIRCUMVENTION AND MADE HUMAN LLC.) DOES NOT AND CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WILL NOT BE ACCESSED BY UNAUTHORIZED PERSONS CAPABLE OF OVERCOMING SUCH SAFEGUARDS. IN PARTICULAR, OUR SERVICES MAY BE USED TO ACCESS AND TRANSFER INFORMATION, INCLUDING PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU OVER THE INTERNET. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT MADE HUMAN LLC (DOING BUSINESS AS MADE HUMAN) DOES NOT OPERATE OR CONTROL THE INTERNET AND THAT UNAUTHORIZED USERS (SUCH AS HACKERS) MAY USE VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, KEYSTROKE LOGGERS AND OTHER UNDESIRABLE DATA AND SOFTWARE TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO OR DAMAGE OUR SITE OR TO ACCESS PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU.
Furthermore, we cannot be responsible for any personally identifiable information about you that you release on your own, or that you request or authorize us to release.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose aggregated or other non-Personal Information, or information, about our users without restriction. We may disclose Personal Information about you in the ways described below and/or to the third-parties mentioned below.
- Agents and Services Providers. To contractors, Services providers (eg: API providers) and other third parties we use to support our business and provide the Services.
- Legal Process. As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request. If we are required to disclose your information, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
- Consent. In additional ways upon your consent.
- Request a Copy of your Personal Information. You have the right to request a copy of any Personal Information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact information below. We may request proof of your identity before sharing such information. If you discover that the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, you may ask us to correct that information by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Cease Processing or Delete Personal Information. You may ask us to stop processing, or delete, the personally identifiable data we hold about you at any time. In certain circumstances, it may not be possible for us to stop processing or delete all of the information we hold about you, for example, where we have a legal basis to retain the information. However, please contact us using the contact information below to discuss how we can assist you with your request.
- Withdraw Consent. When we process your information on the basis that you have consented to such processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent, or ask us to stop or restrict processing the Personal Information we have about you, at any time by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Portability. You may also ask us to transfer your Personal Information to a third party in certain circumstances. If you would like any further information about your rights or how to exercise them, please contact us using the contact information below.
- Retention. We will retain your information for as long as needed to fulfill your requests, provide you Services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Unsubscribe. If you receive marketing emails from us, you can unsubscribe to our emails by clicking “unsubscribe” within each email.
You may find advertising or other content on the Services that links to the websites and Services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites. We are NOT responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from the Services. In addition, these websites or Services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and Services may have their own privacy policies and customer Services policies. Browsing on and interacting with any other website, including websites which have a link to the Services, are subject to that website’s own terms and policies. We encourage you to read the Privacy Policies of each website that you visit.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet Services provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our Services (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the Services.
- The length of time a cookie stays on your device or computer depends on its type. “Persistent” cookies stay on your device or computer until they expire or are deleted. “Session” cookies will only stay on your device or computer for as long as you are on our Services.
- We may use first-party cookies as well as third-party cookies (Google Analytics) on our Services. First-party cookies are directly stored by the website or domain you visit and belong to the website owner. These cookies allow us to collect analytics data, remember language settings, and perform other useful functions that provide a good user experience.
- Please see below for a list of the cookies used on our site. You can modify your cookie settings by following the instructions provided by your browser. These instructions are usually found in the “Tools”, “Help” or “Edit” tabs. If you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to fully access and use our Services. You can learn more about the choices provided by advertisers for individuals to decide how their information is collected and used by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance (www.aboutads.info), the Network Advertising Initiative (http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp).
- Cookie: Google Analytics
Cookie names: __utmc, __utmt, __utmb, __utma, __utmz, __unam
Purpose: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. This information is shown to us through the Google Analytics tools and is not shared with anyone else. They are first-party cookies.
More information: Click here for an overview of privacy at Google.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- We do not access your computer’s or device’s microphone or camera.
Individuals Under Age of 13
The Services are intended for users aged 13 years and over. Individuals under the age of 13 are not permitted to use the Services. The Services are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from, individuals under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from an individual under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual under the age of 13, please contact us using the contact information below.
Where We Store Your Information
Made Human LLC. (Made Human) is located, and our Services are hosted, in the United States of America. In order for us to provide the Services to you, we will process and store Personal Data you provide to us in the United States of America, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country in which you reside.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the contact information below.
Made Human LLC. (“Made Human”) is fully compliant with the HIPAA Standards for Privacy, Electronic Transactions and Security (including the HITECH Act and the Omnibus Rule of 2013). We have implemented policies, processes, and procedures designed to ensure compliance with Federal security laws, regulations, and rules, and we monitor ongoing compliance efforts and maintain various reporting mechanisms that are required by law or requested by our customers. We recognize that it is a key responsibility for our business and will continue to provide all of our Services in accordance with the relevant requirements of all federal laws and regulations, including, as applicable, HIPAA.
Questions regarding our HIPAA policies or compliance may be directed to the Data Privacy Officer at:
The Data Privacy Officer; Made Human LLC, 1125 Spruce Street, Suite D, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
or you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.